General Advice and Guidance

Single Parents

Gingerbread advises and supports single parents

Tel: 0808 802 0925

Care to Learn

If you are studying and aged under 20 at the start of your course, Care to Learn can help pay for your childcare costs while you are learning.  It’s only available for courses in England that have some public funding. This can include courses in schools, school sixth forms, sixth form colleges.

Parenting helpline

Family Lives offers a confidential helpline service on any aspect of parenting and family life, including bullying.  Calls are free from landlines and most mobiles (previously known as Parentline).  You can also Skype for free.


Counselling Services

Details of St Helens counselling services.


Services for People with Disabilities


Equality and Human Rights Advice

Tel: 0161 829 8100


Missing Person’s Helpline

Tel: 116 000


Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents (RoSPA)

For safety advice.

Tel: 0121 248 2000.


Family Rights Group

Tel: 0808 801 0366.  For details of the Advice Service:


Housing Advice


Family Information Service

Free information on childcare, plus activities and services for children, young people and families.


Council Services

Details of all services provided by St Helens Council.


Citizens Advice Bureau

Free, independent and confidential advice to help with legal, money and other problems.